This fall, the NYU Center for Social Media and Politics will bring together leading scholars to explore the relationship between new media technologies and democratic politics. Our virtual CSMaP Seminar Series aims to highlight the latest research and identify future research we need in the lead-up to and aftermath of the November elections.
Speakers will explore the following questions:
- How does information spread through online networks, and what can we do to mitigate the harmful effects of misinformation?
- How do digital technologies affect political participation, from protests to campaigning to voting?
- How does social media fit into people’s broader media diets?
- How have electoral interference strategies evolved since 2016, and what impact do they have on voters’ beliefs and behaviors?
- How have political elites responded to this new information environment?
Keep reading for details about our first seminar!